Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Forgiveness


I just finished reading the book The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd.  I noticed a lot of parallels with CRHP and this book.   The author demonstrates the power of women coming together to heal those wounds, to mother each other and themselves, and to create a sanctuary of true family and home...hmmmm sound familiar??? It is out at the movie theater now, but it is a great read.  

A few pearls from the book are the following:

It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.

                                                              How nobody is perfect.  How you just have to close your eyes and breathe out and let the puzzle of the human heart be what it is.

People can start out one way, and by the time life gets through with them they end up completely different.

I guess I have forgiven us both, although sometimes in the night my dreams will take me back to the sadness, and I have to wake up and forgive us again.

I feel her in unexpected moments, her Assumption into heaven happening in places inside of me.  She will suddenly rise, and when she does, she does not go up, up into the sky, but further and further inside me.  August says she goes into the holes life has gouged out of us.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Something To Think About...

Servants do every task with equal dedication. Whatever they do, servants do it with all their heart. (Colossians 3:23 NIV)

Music We're Inspired By


In Heaven, All the Glory Belongs To God.